The vacancy is situated in an H2020 ERC Consolidator grant 3D Structure of Nanomaterials under Realistic Conditions (REALNANO). The overarching goal of REALNANO is to establish the structure-property connection of nanomaterials under realistic conditions. Tracking 3D changes of nanomaterials and their surface ligands in a thermal and gaseous environment is therefore required. We will develop innovative and quantitative 3D characterisation tools, compatible with the fast changes of nanomaterials that occur in a realistic thermal and gaseous environment. To visualise surface ligands, we will combine direct electron detection with novel exit wave reconstruction techniques.
- A successful candidate will work on the development of novel alignment and 3D reconstruction algorithms for in-situ electron tomography;
- You have the opportunity to supervise student projects;
- You are enthusiastic and greatly interested in transmission electron microscopy and materials science;
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of the assignment;
- You present your work at national and international workshops and conferences;
Profile and requirements
- You hold a PhD degree with a background in e.g. physics, computing science, mathematics or tomography;
- You are enthusiastic and greatly interested in the field of electron microscopy data;
- You can submit outstanding academic results;
- You are highly motivated, quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- An appointment for an initial period of 1 year, renewable depending on performance
- an exciting project in which we will aim to go significantly beyond the state-of-the-art;
- a competitive salary;
- the preferred starting date is between 1 June 2019 and 1 July 2019, but will be adapted to the selected candidate’s availability;
- a world-class, dynamic and stimulating work environment with state-of-the-art instrumentation and computing facilities (see also http://www.emat.uantwerpen.be/).
How to apply
You can submit by 1st of June 2019 your motivation letter, CV, summary of your Master thesis, a list and grades of the courses that you took during your studies, and names of 2 professional referees as one single PDF file uploaded on the Application Submission page and select “Postdoc REALNANO” option.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Sara Bals, tel. +32 3 265 3284, firstname.lastname@example.org